What's on your mind?


Journaling doesn’t have to always be writing from a prompt. In fact, most times, it should be whatever is on your mind or whatever you feel you need to write about. That’s what I’m doing today.

What’s currently on your mind? Write the first thing that comes to mind and go with it. Keep writing until you feel you’ve said everything you need to get out.

By Laura Black
I’m tired. I’m tired of feeling and being tired. I’m tired mentally and physically. Lately, I wake up every morning and just want to stay in bed. I want to stay wrapped up in my new, fluffy blanket, grab a book, and just sit it bed all day and read. I don’t want to be disturbed by anyone. I just want to be alone.
Of course, none of that is possible right now. I have too much grading to do and too much homework of my own to do. In fact, while I type this up, I should be grading essays, but I decided I needed a break from it all. I collected even more essays today. That will put me at five classes of essays to grade this weekend. Awesome!!!
I feel so stressed by the amount of grading I have to do. I seriously just want to cry. I have no idea how I will possibly get it all done. Actually, I know I won’t get it all done this weekend because it’s impossible. I will be working on this all next week too.
That brings me to my biomechanics class. I’m sitting here waiting to go to that night class, and I’m absolutely dreading it. I find this class hard, and I don’t have the time for it with my own work. It doesn’t help that I have no interest in the class whatsoever. It’s mandatory for the yoga certification, though. I will have another test next week that I have no idea how I’m going to find the time to study for.
I’m sitting in the library listening to a group of cackling idiots. They are in a section right outside the library entrance, and they are so obnoxiously loud I want to go scream at them. I almost can’t think straight.
Now I have some lady talking loudly on her cell phone behind me. That’s so annoying to me. I hate people that talk loudly on their cell phones in public. Talk about cell phones. I’m so over students always being on their cell phones. Can you seriously not go without your cell phone for more than a few minutes? That’s so sad to me. Get a life!!! There’s a world outside of your cell phone. Go check it out!!!
I’m losing my patience with students in general lately. I’m so over their attitudes too. Who taught you about manners and respect for your elders? Does that even exist anymore? Manners and respect for others.
I honestly am no longer excited to even teach. I have two classes this semester, one at each school, that I dread going to and teaching. Today I felt anxious while teaching, which never happens to me. I’m so close to kicking several of the students out of class and just telling them to not come back. I don’t think I’ve ever felt this negative about teaching, but this semester is making me question how much longer I can do this job. I feel like I’m over it.
Well, that made me feel a little better to get that all out. As I’ve said before, writing can be therapeutic. I feel more relaxed. Now to tackle some of those many essays I need to grade before I head to my night class.
What’s on your mind?



Comments

Popular Posts