10 Things I’m Grateful For

This week's journal entry:
Write about ten things you're grateful for and why you're grateful for them. 

by Laura Black
1.      My parents: Of course I’m grateful for my parents; they gave me life.
·         I’m grateful for my mom’s courage, stubbornness, unconditional love of me and others, her support, and her encouragement.
·         I’m grateful for my dad’s ability to always speak his mind, boldness, carefree attitude, not caring what other’s think, and his willingness to help others.
2.      My sister: Ever since we were kids, she just wanted to be a mother. She was always that little mother hen. She’s raised two amazing boys, and she has always been an amazing sister and friend to me.
3.      My brother: He’s a lot like me with his more relaxed and carefree, easy-going attitude. He’s a fun-loving guy, like a big teddy bear, and I’m enjoying seeing his interactions with his son. He’s always been there for me, and he’s always willing to help me out when I need it.
4.      My nephews: They are everything to me. I will always treat them as if they were my own.
·         Trenton: He’s the first born, and I’m his godmother. He’s such a sweet boy, and he’ll always hold a special place in my heart.
·         Trevor: He’s such a little cutie and a sweet boy. When I was living there, he always wanted to hang out and cuddle, which I will never forget.
·         Sullivan: He’s the newest edition; my brother’s son. I’m so happy they were able to have a child. He has brought me closer to my brother again, which I love.
5.      Joe: Where do I start? He came into my life when I finally loved myself and didn’t need a man. I fell for him quickly. He showed me how to love again. I slowly let down my wall and let him in. He is so good to me. I’m finally treated the way I should be and always wanted to be.
6.      My creativity: I’m so grateful that I’m creative. I just need to use it more than I currently do. I’m hoping this journaling blog will help me to get back to my creativity.
7.      My books: I love having all my books. Having all them makes me feel grounded. They are my private escape whenever I need them. I could open any one of them to escape my own personal reality for as long as I want.
8.      My freedom: I’m forever grateful for my freedom and being able to speak my mind freely. I make sure to thank any military I meet. It’s because of them that I have this freedom of speech.
9.      Music: I absolutely love music. Music has always been an important part of my life. I love almost any type of music, and music has always been there for me. It helps me through whatever is going on in my life. Music is another thing that keeps me grounded, and at times, it keeps me sane.
10.  Life: This one is a given. If I didn’t have life, then I wouldn’t have any of the other things I’m grateful for. I try to remember to enjoy life to the fullest, but sometimes I forget to. When that happens, I try to regroup and remember how precious our lives are and how it could all end in a second.  

Comments

Kari said…
Your first post!! Love it. I will bookmark as a writing prompt because Lord knows I need prompting.

Popular Posts