Weather


This week’s journal entry:
What is your favorite kind of weather? Why is it your favorite? Describe your perfect weather day.

By Laura Black

            Well, this journal entry seems appropriate after this past weekend. We received at least 10 inches of snow or more. I have to say I lost track. It just seemed to snow and snow.
            As a kid, I remember loving to play in the snow. My sister, brother, and I would be out there for hours at a time building snow forts in the front yard. One year for Christmas we received these awesome igloo block makers. They were plastic blocks that you packed snow into to form blocks. We each got one, so we were able to make a great fort with them.
            Now, however, I can’t stand the snow. I hate being cold in general. I would rather be hot than cold any day. My favorite kind of weather is between 85 to 95 degrees. I would prefer it not to be humid, but if it comes with the heat, then I’ll take it.
            Warm or to some hot weather is my favorite because I don’t like being cold. I also hate being stuck inside. I would much rather be outside and being able to enjoy the weather than being cooped up inside. Being outside makes me feel alive and free.
            My absolute favorite setting for my favorite weather, of course, is on a beach. I love putting my feet in the sand and feeling it move between my toes. Hearing the sound of the ocean as the waves break on the shore calms my soul. Feeling the sun shine down on my body makes me feel so alive.
            My perfect day is sitting on the beach with the sun shining and waves crashing while I sit back and read a book. At least 90 degrees with a slight breeze would suffice. I sure wish I could be there right now. Instead, I’m stuck inside for the winter dreaming of my perfect weather day. For now, I shall only see you in my dreams.

Comments

Popular Posts