Travel anywhere


This week’s journal entry:
If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? Why would you go there? Have you been there before?

By Laura Black
If I could travel anywhere, I would like to go to Ireland. My maiden name is McCluskey, which of course, is Irish. My great, great grandparents on my father’s side came from Ireland, I’m mostly Irish, so I would love to visit there. It’s on my bucket list. My uncle, my dad’s brother, and his wife went to Ireland to visit and do research on our heritage from Ireland back in 2001.
Of course, I would love to visit to explore my heritage, but I have heard Ireland is beautiful. I would like to see all sides of Ireland - the countryside, culture, and history. I would love to take a tour of all or some of the castles there and other historical places, too, such as The Cliffs of Moher, Grafton Street in Dublin, Killarney National Park, Trinity College in Dublin, The Ring of Kerry, and Blarney Castle and the Blarney Stone.
I’m sure there are so many other things to explore in Ireland. If I had the chance to go, I would definitely do my research more and figure out exactly where I want to go. For now, it will just be part of my bucket list.



Comments

Popular Posts