Sunday Afternoon


This week’s journal entry:

Write about your Sunday afternoon. Give details on what you did and where you were.

By Laura Black
            My typical Sunday is super busy at home. I try to sleep in whenever I can because it’s the one day I can sleep and try and catch up on the sleep I lost during the week. When I do get up, my husband usually makes us a big breakfast; then he retires to his chair for mini naps until he leaves for work.
            I, on the other hand, start with the loads of laundry I wasn’t able to get to during the week. I have to make sure the guys in my house have clean clothes for the week. I sort through the clothes and make my piles to start the washing process. It’s an all-day laundry fest.
After the first load is started, I get myself set up in the bedroom for a morning and afternoon of grading and prepping for the next week of school. I need quiet and no other distractions, so I grab my laptop, shut the door, turn on my air purifier to drown out all the sound, and plop my butt in my reclining chair. I work until my husband leaves for work.
When he lives, I’m able to get the house cleaned. It’s the only time I can do it while I have the time and no one is in my way. I get everything dusted, vacuumed, wiped down, scrubbed, and towels changed. Sometimes I wonder why I bother, though. It doesn’t last for long…maybe a few hours if I’m lucky. That’s why it’s only done once a week because it doesn’t last long.
Once the house is cleaned, I figure out what to do for dinner for my step-son and me. I try not to make it anything that’s going to take too long because most of the time, I have to get back to grading after dinner – the easier, the better. I feel bad for my step-son because it’s usually the same thing again and again. I need fast, but I also hate cooking altogether.
Once dinner is done, I usually get back to grading for a while. It depends on how much I have to do. For example, tomorrow will be a busy day of grading, so I will definitely get back to grading after dinner tomorrow. I also have to get any printing done for school as well as double-check my lesson plans, check emails for two schools, and post any materials to the online school pages if needed.
During school-time, my bedtime is at 9:00 p.m. I have to get up early, and I don’t function well without a good night’s sleep. So, about an hour before bedtime, I sit down to relax, watch a little tv, and do my nails. Once they’re dry, I wash my face, brush my teeth, and clean up my eyebrows for the week. I head to bed to read whatever novel I’m reading at the time.
That’s my typical Sunday. What about you?



Comments

Popular Posts