If I could do it over again…


This week’s journal entry:

Write about something you wish you could do over again. What would you do over, why, and how would it be different from what originally happened?

By Laura Black
This is a hard one. I honestly don’t know if I would do anything over again. I believe everything happens for a reason, so I believe there’s a reason why all the bad and good things that have taken place in my life have happened for a reason.
            I used to think that every time something bad happened to me I wanted a do-over. I wanted a chance to do it again and make it all better the second time around. Over the past seven years, I have come to realize that we must learn from our mistakes and move on; therefore, I would not like to redo anything.
            I am proud of who I am and how I got here. Yes, I have made many mistakes in my life, but I now choose to learn from those mistakes and try not to make the same mistakes twice. Yes, I still tend to replay a bad event in my head and wish it would have ended differently, but I can’t dwell on it forever. Instead, I choose to move on and move forward.
            I sometimes wish I would have gotten to where I am sooner, but I can’t dwell on that either. I need just to enjoy the present and look forward to the future. I don’t know what it will bring, but it’s part of my journey; it’s part of what makes me ME.
            So, no, I would not do any part of my life over. Would you?




Comments

Popular Posts