Three Goals in Life


This week’s journal entry:

Write out three goals you have set out for yourself in life, or three goals you wish to achieve during your life. Why these goals? What do they mean to you?

By Laura Black
Three goals I have set out to achieve in my life are to love unconditionally, be kind to others, and be true to myself. I would like to think I’ve already achieved these all, but I will have to be honest, they are all a work in progress. What I mean is I practice these all the time, but sometimes they are a struggle, and they are all achievements that never end. They will take a lifetime to achieve. What I do hope for is when I die, everyone can look back and say Laura always loved unconditionally, was kind to others, and was true to herself. Only then will I have completely achieved these three goals.
Love unconditionally is a hard one because it not only is loving others unconditionally, but you should love yourself unconditionally too. We tend to be our worst critics and often struggle with loving ourselves. Some people are never satisfied with themselves; therefore, they are not able to love themselves. We have to accept our own faults as well as others faults in order to reach loving unconditionally, and that is where the struggle lies from time to time. However, we have to remember we all have faults, so we should always try to look past those faults and just love.
Being kind to others should be an easy one. Every human being should be kind to one another; however, we now live in a time where that doesn’t always happen. The thought of anyone not being kind to others makes my heart ache, but I can’t say I have always been nice to every human being. It does happen from time to time. Overall, I strive to be kind to others, and I will always be that way.
Being true to myself is definitely the one I struggle with the most. There was a time in my life where I definitely wasn’t true to myself. Although I often think I regret this time in my life, I have to remember it’s part of my life, and it’s a good reminder of what I would never do again. Being true to yourself is so important, but this one can go hand-in-hand with loving unconditionally. If you don’t love yourself, you may not be capable of being true to yourself. Being true to yourself is often hard too because I’m not a selfish person, so I often put others first and myself last. Because of this, it is a struggle, but I always try to remember to give myself what I need to stay true whether it’s writing, reading a novel, or just taking a class that I want to take for fun, I have to be to true to what I need too.
I believe loving unconditionally, being kind to others, and being true to yourself are not only great goals to achieve in a lifetime, but I also believe they are what makes a great life. Like I said before, if I achieve these all throughout my life and people can remember these three achievements of me, then I have achieved everything I ever wanted to achieve, and my work is done. What do you think? Do you agree with these goals? What are yours?


Comments

Popular Posts