Older or Younger


This week’s journal entry:
Have you ever wished you were either older or younger? What would you consider to be the benefits? The problems?

By Laura Black
As a kid, you always wish you were older. Older kids can do more and have more fun. That’s what you think. When you become a teenager, then you wish you were old enough to do adult things. You hurry to grow up, then you settle in and become an adult for a good year or two, and you wish you were younger again. You wish you were younger because adulting SUCKS!
I would say to those young kids now. Enjoy being a kid; enjoy not having a care in the world. Play. Laugh. Have fun. Live as a kid as long as you can, and enjoy every second of it. For teenagers wishing they could hurry up and become an adult, slow down! It’s not everything it’s cracked up to be. You have to pay bills and work to pay said bills. You have responsibilities and expectations from others that have to be met. You can’t just be carefree anymore.
I’m at that point in my life where I don’t even wish I were younger. I want to be at retirement age where I don’t have to get up every day and be responsible, don’t have to work, and I can do other things like traveling, reading books all day long, sleeping in, staying up all night listening to music. Sure, it would be great to be younger, but I just want to be done with working and get back to enjoying life at my leisure with not as many responsibilities. Well, I guess I can dream. That’s one thing I’ve always been good at during every stage of my life – daydreaming.

Comments

Popular Posts